- EXPLORE OUR PARKS
- Park Improvements
- Active Park Projects
- McLaren Park
- McLaren Park Vision Planning Project
McLaren Park Vision Plan - Next Steps!
The 2020 Health and Recovery Bond included $6 million for capital improvements to McLaren Park under the Citywide Parks Program. Recreation and Park Department staff will conduct community outreach Fall 2022-Summer 2023 to determine how this funding will be invested the park. Preliminary project ideas can be viewed under the Documents & Materials tab below. The McLaren Vision Plan serves as a framework for our current project proposals.
The McLaren Park Vision Plan
After two and half years of community outreach, the Recreation and Park Department published the McLaren Park Vision Plan Report in the Spring of 2018. The goals of the Vision Plan were the following:
- Engage the community to develop an identity for McLaren Park
- Build a community-supported vision
- Balance neighborhood and city use while protecting natural features
- Invest the 2012 Bond in priority projects that support a shared vision; and
- Position McLaren Park for future investment.
The complete report can be viewed here Vision Plan Process (PDF) and a summary of the projects that received funding is on page 81. View the Appendix (PDF) for additional details on the outreach process.
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.
McLaren Park - Louis Sutter Playground | Project update May 2023The pathway replacement work south of Louis Sutter Playground is almost complete! The new stabilized natural surface trail is Read on...
Follow up from McLaren 2020 Bond Planning meeting on April 11thThanks to the forty community members who joined us on April 11th for our second virtual community meeting Read on...
Virtual Community Meeting, April 11 | McLaren 2020 Bond – Possible Projects and PrioritiesJoin us for a Virtual Community Meeting on April 11. The project team will share possible project ideas for specific program areas, infrastructure improvements, and Read on...
SF Rec and Park Commission Meeting at Joe Lee Rec Center | March 16 at 10 a.m.Come meet your Rec and Park Commissioners at our offsite Commission meeting at Joe Lee Rec Center Read on...
Herz Playground – Construction Update | March 2023Even with these heavy winter rains, we continue to make progress at Herz Playground. The new sewer lines that serve the Read on...
- McLaren Park Vision Plan Report, April 2018 (PDF)
- McLaren Park Vision Plan Report appendix, April 2018 (PDF)
- McLaren Park Vision Plan Report attachments, April 2018 (PDF)
Community Meetings - Notes and Presentations
- McLaren Park Improvements Meeting Boards, April 11, 2023
- McLaren Park Improvements Meeting Presentation, December 6, 2022
- McLaren 2020 Bond Presentation to Portola Neighborhood Association
- McLaren 2020 Bond Presentation, June 15, 2022
- McLaren Workshop 3 Presentation (PDF)
Amphitheater Focus Area Workshop
Roadways Focus Area Workshop
Group Picnic & Playground Focus Area Workshop 2
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 3
- Framework and Tools Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 1 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 2 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 3 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 4 Board (PDF)
Group Picnic Focus Area Workshop 1
- Group Picnic and Playground Boards (PDF)
- Group Picnic and Playground Questionnaire (PDF)
- Vision Plan Summary Sheet (PDF)
- Which Event Have you Attended Sheet (PDF)
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 2
Courts Focus Area Workshop
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 1
- Informational Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (English) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (English) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Score Card (Chinese) (PDF)
- Score Card (English) (PDF)
- Score Card (Spanish) (PDF)
- View the Presentation Boards used to inform the decision-making process behind the Game Board: Imagine My McLaren - Game Board (PDF)
- A. What We Heard (PDF)
- B. Site Analysis (PDF)
- C. Activation/Safety (PDF)
- D. Identity Station (PDF)
- E. Programming (PDF)
- F. Points of Interesting (PDF)
- G. Gateway/Edges (PDF)
- H. Connectivity (PDF)