December 9, 2020
Playgrounds to Reopen December 10 After an Amendment of Statewide Order
Playgrounds will officially reopen December 10, 2020, after an amendment of the statewide order that closed them Sunday.
San Francisco remains under the regional stay at home order. This means you can visit a playground, but only with members of your own household. Everyone over 2 must wear a mask at all times, practice social distancing, and comply with capacity limits. This is not a time to schedule playdates or meet others at the playground.
This decision reflects that playgrounds are essential spaces for children with established benefits to their physical and mental health. Allowing for their use is comparable to the health order allowing park usage for adults to get exercise and fresh air.
They will remain open for use with capacity limits, hand sanitizing stations, and requirements for masks and social distancing.
Follow the rules to stay safe!
• Do not visit a playground with anyone not in your household. Do not arrange playdates.
• Limit visits to 30 minutes when others are present.
• Visitors of all ages must stay 6 feet away from non-household members.
• Everyone 2 and older must wear masks.
• Do not eat or drink at the playground.
• If it’s crowded, come back later or choose a different playground.
• Clean your hands before and after playing.
• Adults must actively supervise children at all times. Children 2 and under must be within arm’s reach.
• To maximize the number of children who can play, only one adult may accompany each child.