We have been assessing conditions on site over the past few months, including the following:
- Soils investigation (infiltration study, testing for Maher Ordinance compliance, and agricultural suitability), with the Public Works Site Assessment and Remediation team, as well as consultants
- Refreshing the tree assessment that was done in 2019
- Inventorying the condition of the drainage system that was installed approximately 15 years ago
The design team is taking the concept design and is working through design development. As part of design development, we are working through the following regulatory processes:
- SFPUC Stormwater Control Ordinance-mandated Stormwater Control Plan
- Disability Access
- Bureau of Street Use and Mapping coordination
- Bureau of Urban Forestry coordination
We are also continuing to work with a cost estimating consultant to track anticipated construction costs.
Regarding design development, we are referencing the wealth of community input we received during the planning phase, including the survey completed late last year. We expect to have more substantive design updates to share in October and will be in touch as soon as ready.
Here is the schedule we presented to the Rec and Park Commission with the concept design back in February:
Design March 2021 – January 2022
Bid / Award February 2022 – June 2022
Construction July 2022 – April 2023
Closeout May 2023 – July 2023
The next Commission action associated with this project will be the award of construction contract. At this point, we anticipate presenting to the Commission in April or May 2022, and we are on track to deliver the project on this schedule.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.