Join us for our annual tree lighting event and a host of holiday activities and attractions, including a snow play area, carnival rides, kids activities, food trucks, live entertainment and a special appearance by Santa and his helpers. Enjoy public pianos, art installations and newly installed activities along the car-free promenade.
Lighted attractions, including "Entwined" at Peacock Meadow, will delight the young and young-at-heart.
All activities are free. Food for sale.
We are looking for volunteers for this event, with roles ranging from assisting the arts and crafts booth to carrying sleds for the snow hill, and much more. For more information and to volunteer, click this link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility information for Jingle all the way on JFK, December 1, 2022
Driving to the event
Traffic will be heavy in and around Golden Gate Park during this event. If you drive, we recommend arriving early. Following is information about parking and passenger drop-off.
General information about driving to Golden Gate Park
You can find general information about driving to Golden Gate Park by visiting the Getting to Golden Gate Park by Car page.
General and Accessible Parking
Information about general and accessible parking can be found on the Getting to Golden Gate Park by car page. Following is information about accessible parking that may be helpful for the Tree Lighting event:
Accessible parking near Tree Lighting event—described below and shown on the Accessing Jingle all the Way on JFK event map on this page
Accessible parking is available in the following locations. The location name/cross streets are followed by the number of spaces at that location. Be sure to consider how far you may have to travel from a parking space to your destination, and whether there is a shuttle stop near the parking location. We also recommend arriving early to avoid traffic and find parking.
- McLaren Lodge Annex lower parking lot (Fell and Stanyan Streets): 2
- Page and Stanyan Streets: 1
- Stanyan and Haight Street: 2 (Golden Gate Park shuttle stop)
- Kezar public parking lot (Stanyan and Waller): 6
- Lincoln near Stanyan (near Kezar Stadium entrance): 1
- Bowling Green Drive and Nancy Pelosi Drive: 1
- **Nancy Pelosi from Bowling Green Drive to JFK: 4 existing, plus 10 temporary disability parking spaces added for the event**
- Aids Memorial Grove (Bowling Green Drive near Nancy Pelosi Drive): 2
- Nancy Pelosi Drive near 9th Avenue: 6
- MLK Drive near 9th Avenue: 1
- MLK Drive near the Botanical Gardens (MLK Drive between Nancy Pelosi Drive and Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive): 5
- Bandshell all-accessible parking lot (enter from Music Concourse Drive off MLK Drive): 20 (Golden Gate Park shuttle stop)
- Academy of Sciences paid garage (enter at Music Concourse Drive off MLK Drive): 16 (Golden Gate Park shuttle stop at street level in front of Academy of Sciences)
- DeYoung Musuem paid garage (enter at Fulton and 10th Avenue): 17 (Golden Gate Park shuttle stop at street level in front of de Young Museum)
- MLK Drive between Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive and Stow Lake Drive: 6
- Stow Lake Parking Lot: 3 (Golden Gate Park shuttle stop)
- 9th Avenue near the County Fair Building: 2
- Fulton and 8th Avenue: 2
- Fulton and 9th Avenue: 2
- Fulton and 10th Avenue: 2
- Park Presidio and Fulton: 2
Passenger drop-off—described below and shown on the Accessing Jingle all the way on JFK event map on this page
Paratransit, rideshare, taxis, and personal vehicles can drop off in passenger loading zones. The passenger loading zones listed below are also Golden Gate Park Shuttle stops. Note that Paratransit will not be able to drop off inside the event. The closest passenger loading zone to the event is at the intersection of Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive
Passenger Loading Zones
- There are accessible passenger loading zones in front of the DeYoung Museum and in Front of the Academy of Sciences. Enter Music Concourse Drive from MLK Drive to access the Academy of Sciences passenger loading zone. Continue around to Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive to access the DeYoung passenger loading zone. You can take the Golden Gate Park shuttle to any of the three event entrances from these passenger loading zones.
- There will be a temporary passenger loading zone at Nancy Pelosi Drive And Bowling Green Drive, 450 feet from the JFK Promenade.
Public Transportation—described below and shown on the Accessing Jingle all the way on JFK event map on this page
- General information about taking public transportation to Golden Gate Park can be found on the Getting to Golden Gate Park by Public Transit page.
- Bus lines that drop off near the event are listed below. If a bus line connects with the Golden Gate Park shuttle, that is also listed below
- 7, 33—connect with the shuttle at Haight and Stanyan
- 5, 5R—325’ to the shuttle stop at 10th Avenue and JFK from the bus stop at 10th Avenue and Fulton Streets
- 44—connects with the shuttle at the de Young Museum/Japanese Tea Garden and Academy of Sciences stops
Bicycle Valet Parking
- FREE bicycle valet parking will be provided by San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle parking will be located at Kezar Drive and JFK, at the beginning of the Promenade, just before the east entrances of the event.
Accessible Shuttle—described below and shown on the Accessing Jingle all the way on JFK event map on this page
- The Golden Gate Park shuttle will have a modified route for this event
- The shuttle will run from 12 noon-8:30pm on the day of the event (the event is 3pm-8pm)
- Following are the shuttle stops for October 28, 2022:
- Jingle all the way on JFK West Entrance (JFK Promenade and Conservatory Drive West). This entrance is closest to the food court, snow hill, and carnival ride areas of the event.
- Jingle all the way on JFK East Entrance (JFK Promenade and Conservatory Drive East). This entrance is closest to the holiday tree and stage, arts and crafts and the Entwined lighting exhibit.
- Haight/Stanyan (with connections to Muni buses – 7 and 33 lines)
- Cal Academy of Sciences (near Observation Wheel)
- JFK Promenade and 10th Avenue (convenient for people parking on Fulton or taking the 5 Fulton bus line)
- Rose Garden (On JFK in front of the Rose Garden
- Stow Lake Boathouse (In the parking lot). There are 3 accessible parking spaces here and a restroom.
- DeYoung Museum / Japanese Tea Garden
- Accessible Bandshell Parking Lot. There are 20 accessible parking spaces here.
The JFK Promenade Surface
The JFK Promenade is an asphalt surface that is mostly level and flat. There is a small uphill section of the Promenade between Kezar Drive and the east entrance of the event at JFK and Conservatory Drive East. After you enter the event at this entrance, there is a gradual downhill portion of the promenade, leading to the section in front of Peacock Meadow, where the Hay Maze and Children’s Haunted House are located.
Front of Line Wristbands
- Front of line wristbands, for children with disabilities who have difficulty waiting in lines, will be available at event entrances, and at the event information table at Nancy Pelosi Drive and JFK.
- Passes allow child with a disability and up to 5 companions to go to the front of the line for rides and activities
- Front of line wristbands may only be used once for each ride or activity
- Front of line wristbands may not be used for food truck lines
American Sign Language Interpretation
American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation will be available at the stage. If you need an interpreter at another area of the event, please come to the stage, or visit the information/first aid tent at Nancy Pelosi Drive and JFK.
Pets and Service and Support Animals
This event will be very loud and very crowded. We recommend that you do not bring pets to this event. If your pet is aggressive or disruptive you may be asked to remove the pet.
Service and support animals are always welcome. If your animal is aggressive or disruptive you may be asked to remove the animal
- ASL interpretation will be provided at the stage, which is front of the holiday tree at McLaren Lodge, at Stanyan and JFK.
- Seating will be reserved for ASL users with unobstructed viewing, close to the stage on the side where the interpreters are
- Space and companion seating with unobstructed viewing will be reserved for wheelchair users on the pathway facing the stage
- Entwined exhibit
- The Entwined lighting exhibit is in Peacock Meadow, on JFK just West of McLaren Lodge
- The exhibit can be viewed from JFK, or from the pathways that run through the meadow. The pathways are asphalt and are mostly flat, with some rough areas
- Carnival rides
- All carnival rides will be placed on the JFK Promenade. These temporary carnival rides offer limited accessibility. Visit the information booth, located at Nancy Pelosi Drive and JFK, on the day of the event, to learn about individual rides and if transferring is possible.
- Arts and Crafts and other activities
- All other activities take place on the JFK Promenade.
Accessibility Questions During the Event
If you have questions about accessibility during the event, please visit the information/first aid station at Nancy Pelosi Drive and JFK Promenade.
For accommodations requests, please contact RPDAccess@sfgov.org or 415-831-6834. Please note that submitting your request at least 72 hours before the event will help ensure availability.