We are hosting an online meeting on August 16 to update community members on project progress and answer questions.
Please join us!
Tuesday, August 16, 6:00-7:00 pm
Here is the link to join the Zoom meeting: https://bit.ly/espritaug2022
Meeting ID: 858 2496 9919
Dial in: 669.900.6833
You will see posters on site next week (click here to preview poster), announcing this meeting, and, if you live immediately adjacent to the park, you will receive a postcard in the mail.
Outlined below is a plan for additional community engagement opportunities, over the course of the coming year, through completion of the Esprit Park Renovation capital project and re-opening of the park:
- August 16, 2022 – RPD-led virtual meeting
- September 2022
- Sept 7 – Rec Park Commission: Capital Committee Presentation for Award of Construction Contract
- Sept 12 – ENCAC update
- Sept 15 – Rec Park Commission: Full Commission hearing for Award of Construction Contract
- Fall 2022
- Signage posted on site to advise of upcoming construction start
- Construction start
- Groundbreaking celebration
- December 2022
- RPD-led virtual meeting
- UCSF CAG update
- Jan 2023 – Dogpatch Northwest Potrero Hill Green Benefit District (GBD) Board update
- February / March 2023 – Offer to attend standing community meeting(s)
- April 2023 – RPD-led virtual meeting
- May / June 2023 – Offer to attend standing community meeting(s)
- Summer 2023 – Substantial completion
- Late Summer 2023 – Grand opening celebration
- Late Summer /early Fall 2023 – Final completion
Individuals subscribed to the project outreach list will be automatically notified of website project page updates, including this proposed engagement schedule. We encourage anyone with an interest in the project’s progress to sign up for these updates. You can do so at the project page of the website (click here to visit the project page of the website).
In addition, below is a list of neighborhood-based organizations that will be notified of this proposed engagement schedule, and whose standing meetings Rec and Park staff will offer to attend as per above plan. If there are additional groups to be included, Rec and Park is open to adding them, while being mindful of project billing to preserve as much of the remaining funding as possible to complete a quality park renovation:
- Dogpatch Neighborhood Association
- Potrero Boosters
- Friends of Esprit Park
- Toes and Paws for Green Space
- 701 Minnesota HOA
- Homes on Esprit HOA
- Dogpatch Community Task Force
- La Scuola International School
- Avalon Dogpatch
- Friends of Potrero Hill Preschool
Please reach out to the Project Manager, Melinda Stockman Sullivan, with any questions on the above engagement plan: Melinda.Sullivan@sfgov.org.
Thank you for your continued support for and involvement with the Esprit Park Renovation Project.