- Permits & Reservations
- Tennis Court Reservations
Free Tennis Court Reservations
COVID-19 Update: Tennis Courts Reopen Saturday, June 6
On June 1, 2020, the City’s Health Officer allowed the play of tennis to resume, subject to implementation of certain limitations and procedures, including the posting of required signage. We are working to implement these requirements with the goal of having tennis courts reopened by Saturday, June 6. Tennis play will be subject to the following requirements:
1. The following play is allowed on the courts:
- Singles tennis between any two people, provided they touch only their own tennis balls
- Doubles tennis only if all players are members of the same household
- No other sports are currently allowed, including pickleball
2. Only active players are allowed on the court; No spectators
3. Players must bring sanitizer to use after touching surfaces and to clean any seating areas after use
4. Players must bring their own water for hydration; No shared water containers
5. Players arriving and waiting to play must wear masks and maintain 6-foot separation from others
6. Each player must mark their tennis balls with clear and unique markings
- Players must use at least six balls in rotation.
- Tennis Players will only serve and touch their own marked tennis balls, e.g., when another player’s ball needs to be returned to them, the player must roll or hit the ball back with a racket without touching the ball.
Online Reservations begin Friday, June 5 at 10 a.m.
We expect to launch online reservations at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 5, which will allow you to begin making court reservations for the following week
When Can Courts Be Reserved?
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis starting seven calendar days prior to the date you are interested in booking.
What Can You Reserve?
Any individual may reserve a court for 1.5 hours but may not book more than 1 court in a day or 3 courts in a calendar week.
How Can Reservations Be Used?
Reservation requests are for individual play only. No lessons, team practices, clinics or league matches.
What does it Cost?
You may cancel your reservation online up to one day in advance of the reservation time. Courts left vacant 15 minutes after reservation time are available for walk-up play. Individuals found to have reserved and not used their time may have their account suspended.
How Can Reservations Be Made?
Go to our Tennis Reservations site or see a list of . (To search for all of our facilities with tennis courts, click .)
Here are the steps to make a reservation:
Proof of Reservation:
You will receive an email with a link to your permit. You must have a printed or electronic copy of the reservation confirmation with you on the day of your reservation in order to use the court.
Terms & Conditions
You must have a printed or electronic copy of the reservation confirmation with you on the day of your reservation in order to use the court.
- Reservation is for the exact times listed and is intended for tennis except for pickleball at Presidio Wall Playground and Upper Noe Rec. Permittee may not book more than 1 court in a day or 3 courts in a calendar week. No extra time will be given outside the reservation time. In case of emergency or issues regarding locked courts or disruptive behavior, please call Park Rangers at (415) 242-6390. In case of general emergency, please call 911.
- Liability for Use: The Reservation Holder agrees to reimburse any person (including the Department) who sustains property damage, such as broken windows, for the cost of that damage, where such damage occurs on public or private property when such damage is caused by the use of this facility. In addition to the Reservation Holder, the person who is representing the Reservation Holder agrees to be personally liable.
- No Assignment or Transferring: This reservation may not be assigned or transferred. Violations of any of the above conditions will result in depriving the Reservation Holder of further use of facilities.
- No lessons, team practices, clinics or league matches. Permit may not be used to teach any sort of lesson even if no fee is being collected.
- Prohibited Items/Activities: Alcohol, gambling, BBQ/cooking, quarreling, profane language, smoking, sales of food/drinks/merchandise, food or drinks on athletic courts, dogs, bicycles, metal cleats, motorcycles, skateboards, rollerblades, sharp objects, chewing gum, and sunflower seeds. Paid lessons and clinics are not allowed.
- Cleanup: You are responsible for cleaning up all litter left on the court during your reserved time and taking your trash home with you of Department property. Failure to leave court litter-free may result in loss of future reservation privileges. If a previous user left garbage on the court, please let us know by calling 311.
- No-Show Policy: If permit holder does not show up within 15 minutes after reservation start time, reservation is forfeited and voided.
- Violations of any of the above conditions will result in depriving the Reservation Holder of further use of facilities and/or subject the Reservation Holder to fines via citations.