The design team is continuing to close design and coordination loops as efficiently as possible, still with the goal of finalizing construction documents and advertising to contractors this spring.
Here are some examples of specific things we’re working through:
- Coordinating with the SFPUC on the mandated Stormwater Control Plan
- Reconciling Maher Program requirements from the Department of Public Health with the desire to preserve the health of trees to remain and to improve the health of the soil for new plants (productive call with many soils-related consultants this week)
- Incorporating required regulatory signage into the park design
- Figuring out if we can purchase trees ahead of the construction contract, to be proactive in minimizing supply chain and procurement challenges
- Updating 90% Construction Documents cost estimate, pending grading plan updates
- Identifying Public Works permitting requirements and QA/QC review process for construction documents, which is required prior to bidding the project
Stay tuned for more updates.