Golden Gate Park Road Closures
HOT CHOCOLATE RUN
Sunday, January 8, 2023
- MLK between Music Concourse and Crossover Drive between 3:00 am and 9:30 am
- JFK Drive and the JFK Promenade between Bernice Rodgers Way and 8th Avenue between 6:00 am and 11:30 am
- Stow Lake Drive between 6:00 am and 9:30 am
- Transverse Drive between MLK and Crossover Drive between 6:00 am and 11:30 am
- Middle Drive West between Transverse Drive and MLK between 6:00 am and 10:00 am
- Chain of Lakes Drive between JFK Drive and MLK Drive between 6:00 am 11:15 am
- MLK Drive between Sunset Boulevard and Lincoln Way between 6:00 am and 11:00 am
- Bernice Rodgers between MLK and JFK between 6:00 am and 11:00 am
- Great Highway from Lincoln Way to Sloat Boulevard from 7:00 am to 11:00 am
All roads will be reopened by 12 pm NOON
KAISER PERMANENTE HALF MARATHON
Sunday, February 5, 2023
Saturday Prior at 7:30 am through Sunday Event Day at 3:30 pm
- MLK Drive between Lincoln Way and Bernice Rodgers Way
- Parking Lane only on JFK Promenade east of Crossover (between Rainbow Falls & Stow Lake Drive for Tents)
- Parking Lane only on JFK Promenade east of Stow Lake Drive for Tents
Event Day from 6:00 am to 9:30 am
- JFK Promenade between Transverse Drive and Kezar Drive
- Kezar Drive (complete closure)
- Bowling Green Drive (complete closure)
- Pelosi Drive (complete closure)
- MLK Drive between 9th Ave. and 19th Ave. (complete closure)
- Stow Lake Drive (complete closure)
- Music Concourse Drive (complete closure: Teagarden Drive/Academy Drive/Bandshell & Tour Bus lots)
Event Day from 6:00 am to 11:00 am
- JFK Drive (from Transverse Drive to the Great Highway)
- Transverse Drive (complete closure)
- West Middle Drive (complete closure – from Transverse Drive to MLK Drive)
- MLK Drive between Bernice Rodgers Way and Sunset Blvd.
- Chain of Lakes Drive between JFK Drive & MLK Drive
- Bernice Rodgers Way between JFK Drive & MLK Drive
- Park entrances on Fulton Street at 36th Ave. and at 47th Ave. (local access only ~ to Golf Course, Archery Field, and Dog Training areas)
- Park entrance on Lincoln Way at 41st Ave.
Event Day from 6:00 am to 12:00 pm
- JFK Drive (complete closure from Bernice Rodgers Way to the Great Highway)
- Great Highway Slow Street, northbound lanes only, between Fulton Street and Sloat Blvd.
Saturday, April 29, 2023
- MLK Drive from Bernice Rodgers to Lincoln Way from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm
BAY TO BREAKERS
Sunday, May 21, 2023
Overview: Expect congestion in the park until 4:00 pm with all roads closed except MLK from Lincoln to Park Presidio and Nancy Pelosi Drive
The following roads will be closed from 3:00 am to 4:00 pm
- JFK Drive and JFK Promenade from Stanyan to the Great Highway
- Bernice Rodgers from JFK to MLK
- Transverse from MKL to Crossover
- 30th and 36th Ave from Fulton to JFK
- Chain of Lakes from Fulton to Lincoln
- MLK from Chain of Lakes to Sunset
The following roads will be closed from 9:00 pm on the Saturday prior to 4:00 pm on the event day
- Great Highway Slow Street and Great Highway from Sloat to JFK
- MLK from Bernice Rodgers to Lincoln Way
The following road will be closed from 9 pm on the Saturday prior to 2:00 pm on the event day
- 47th Ave from Fulton to JFK
The following roads will be closed from 12:01 am to 4 pm
- Great Highway from JFK to Balboa
The following road will be closed from 5:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Great Highway from Balboa to Point Lobos
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ TRIATHALON
Sunday, June 11, 2023 from 3:30 am to 11:00 am
- THE EASTERNMOST LANE (northbound) OF THE GREAT HIGHWAY SOUTHBOUND FROM POINT LOBOS AVENUE TO JOHN F KENNEDY DRIVE.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DRIVE FROM LINCOLN AVENUE TO 25TH AVENUE AT TRANSVERSE DRIVE.
- TRANSVERSE DRIVE FROM MLK DRIVE TO JOHN F. KENNEDY DRIVE.
- JOHN F KENNEDY DRIVE FROM TRANSVERSE TO THE GREAT HIGHWAY.
Sunday, July 16, 2023 from 6:00 am until 2:00 pm:
- JFK Drive and JFK Promenade – West end from Transverse to the 30th Avenue connection.
- Transverse Drive – from Crossover Drive to MLK Drive
- Bowling Green Drive –from MLK Drive to Pelosi Drive (Middle Drive East)
Sunday, July 23, 2023
These roads will close at 3:15 am:
- Westbound JFK and JFK Promenade at Kezar Drive
- Southbound Arguello at Fulton
- Southbound 8th Avenue at Fulton
- Northbound Music Concourse at JFK Drive
These roads will close at 4:30 am:
- MLK drive at Stow Lake Drive – be sure that RUNNERS (not traffic) coming from the west can still gain access
- Northbound Transverse Drive at Middle Drive West
- Southbound Transverse at Crossover Drive
All roads will reopen by 11 a.m.
Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13, 2023
During the week prior (Mon-Thurs) and the two days after (Mon, Tues) JFK from Transverse to 36th Ave will be closed due to congestion and to provide a bike route. Bikes will be allowed on JFK at 5 mph speed limit.
Vehicle access to the park will be limited beginning the night of the Thursday prior to the beginning of the festival at 8:00 pm and ending Sunday at 11:00 pm and include all roads in the west side of the park from Transverse Dr. to the Great Highway. The following entrances to the park will be closed to the public:
On north side of the park:
- Transverse Dr at Crossover Dr
- JFK Dr at Transverse Dr
- 30th Ave
- 36th Ave
- 43rd Ave (Chain of Lakes)
- 47th Ave
- The Great Hwy at JFK Dr.
On the south side:
- Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Crossover Dr
- 25th Ave
- Sunset Blvd @ Irving St
- 41st Ave (Chain of Lakes)
- Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Lincoln Ave
HARDLY STRICTLY BLUEGRASS
Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, 2023
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday:
- Transverse Drive closed from Crossover Drive (25th Ave) to Martin Luther King Drive from 6:00a.m. Friday until 11:55p.m. on Sunday.
- JFK Drive closed, between Stow Lake Circle and 36th Ave. from 8:00p.m. Thursday until 6:00 p.m. on Monday.
- 30th Ave closed from Fulton to JFK drive from 8:00 pm Thursday until Monday at 6:00p.m.
- 36th Ave from Fulton to the turnaround from 6:00a.m. Friday until 11 :55 p.m. on Sunday
- JFK Drive closed from 36th Ave to Chain of Lakes Drive from 6 a.m. Friday until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Polo Fields parking area on both the north (stables) and south side of the Polo fields from 6 a.m. on Friday until 1 p.m. on Monday.
- Middle Drive West from Transverse to MLK from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Overlook Drive from Transverse to Middle Drive West from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11 :55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Metson Drive from Middle Drive West to MLK from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
Mon, Tues, Wed Thurs Prior and Tuesday after
- JFK Drive closed, between Transverse Drive and 36th Ave. due to congestion from load in. Bikes will be allowed on JFK at 5 mph speed limit except when arches are being installed in which event they will be diverted.
- Special Accommodations for Polo Field Access:
- JFK (North Side): Access will be provided on Friday and Saturday for soccer players. They will be instructed to enter on 36th Avenue and allowed to park on JFK between 36th Avenue and Chain of Lake.
- MLK (South Side): Access will be allowed on Friday for after school soccer use.
SAN FRANCISCO RECREATION & PARKS HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING
Date December TBD, 2023
From 5 am TO 12 midnight
- JFK Promenade between 8th Avenue and Kezar Drive
- Nancy Pelosi Drive between Bowling Green Drive and JFK Promenade
- Conservatory Drive East and West