Golden Gate Park Road Closures
NOTE: Dates for events in 2021 are TBD pending public health orders. Please email RPDreservations@sfgov.org if you have specific questions about event-related closures.
For more information on Slow Streets, please visit Golden Gate Park Slow Streets.
Roads are closed in Golden Gate Park for the following special events:
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ TRIATHALON
Sunday, August 15, 2021 From 3:30 am TO 11:00 am
- THE EASTERNMOST LANE (northbound) OF THE GREAT HIGHWAY SOUTHBOUND FROM POINT LOBOS AVENUE TO JOHN F KENNEDY DRIVE.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DRIVE FROM LINCOLN AVENUE TO 25TH AVENUE AT TRANSVERSE DRIVE.
- TRANSVERSE DRIVE FROM MLK DRIVE TO JOHN F. KENNEDY DRIVE.
- JOHN F KENNEDY DRIVE TO THE GREAT HIGHWAY.
Sunday, September 19, 2021
These roads will close at 3:15 am:
- Westbound JFK at Kezar Drive
- Southbound Arguello at Fulton
- Southbound 8th Avenue at Fulton
- Northbound Music Concourse at JFK Drive
These roads will close at 4:30 am:
- MLK drive at Stow Lake Drive – be sure that RUNNERS (not traffic) coming from the west can still gain access
- Northbound Transverse Drive at Middle Drive West
- Southbound Transverse at Crossover Drive
All roads will reopen by 11 a.m.
HARDLY STRICTLY BLUEGRASS
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday:
- Transverse Drive closed from Crossover Drive (25th Ave) to Martin Luther King Drive from 6:00a.m. Friday until 11:55p.m. on Sunday.
- JFK Drive closed, between Stow Lake Circle and 36th Ave. from 8:00p.m. Thursday until 6:00 p.m. on Monday.
- 30th Ave closed from Fulton to JFK drive from 8:00 pm Thursday until Monday at 6:00p.m.
- 36th Ave from Fulton to the turnaround from 6:00a.m. Friday until 11 :55 p.m. on Sunday
- JFK Drive closed from 36th Ave to Chain of Lakes Drive from 6 a.m. Friday until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Polo Fields parking area on both the north (stables) and south side of the Polo fields from 6 a.m. on Friday until 1 p.m. on Monday.
- Middle Drive West from Transverse to MLK from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Overlook Drive from Transverse to Middle Drive West from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11 :55 p.m. on Sunday.
- Metson Drive from Middle Drive West to MLK from Friday at 6:00a.m. until 11:55 p.m. on Sunday.
Mon, Tues, Wed Thurs Prior and Tuesday after
- JFK Drive closed, between Transverse Drive and 36th Ave. due to congestion from load in. Bikes will be allowed on JFK at 5 mph speed limit except when arches are being installed in which event they will be diverted.
- Special Accommodations for Polo Field Access:
- JFK (North Side): Access will be provided on Friday and Saturday for soccer players. They will be instructed to enter on 36th Avenue and allowed to park on JFK between 36th Avenue and Chain of Lake.
- MLK (South Side): Access will be allowed on Friday for after school soccer use.
During the week prior (Mon-Thurs) and the two days after (Mon, Tues) JFK from Transverse to 36th Ave will be closed due to congestion and to provide a bike route. Bikes will be allowed on JFK at 5 mph speed limit.
Vehicle access to the park will be limited beginning the night of the Thursday prior to the beginning of the festival at 8:00 pm and ending Sunday at 11:00 pm and include all roads in the west side of the park from Transverse Dr. to the Great Highway. The following entrances to the park will be closed to the public:
On north side of the park:
- Transverse Dr at Crossover Dr
- JFK Dr at Transverse Dr
- 30th Ave
- 36th Ave
- 43rd Ave (Chain of Lakes)
- 47th Ave
- The Great Hwy at JFK Dr.
On the south side:
- Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Crossover Dr
- 25th Ave
- Sunset Blvd @ Irving St
- 41st Ave (Chain of Lakes)
- Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Lincoln Ave
SAN FRANCISCO RECREATION & PARKS HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING
From 5 am TO 12 midnight
- JFK Drive between 8th Avenue and Kezar Drive
- Nancy Pelosi Drive between Bowling Green Drive and JFK Drive
- Conservatory Drive East and West