Dog Training Area (GGP) - Renovation Project
Recreation and Parks has received a generous $2 million grant from the California Natural Resources Agency to renovate the Dog Training Area at Golden Gate Park near the Bison Paddock.
The renovation includes accessibility improvements to the parking lot and pathways, replacement of the surface materials and fencing, new site furnishings, landscaping, and bioretention areas. The renovated Dog Training Area will be partitioned into a larger area surrounded by a five-foot high fence and smaller area surrounded by a four-foot-high fence.
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.
I hope you are well and finding opportunities to connect with nature and virtually connect with community during this time of sheltering in place. Read on...
Please be advised that the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area will be fully closed from Monday, October 28 through Wednesday, October 30 for tree pruning and removals Read on...
- What is the construction schedule and how long will the Dog Training Area be closed during construction?
- Why is lighting not included in the design?
- Is the small play area for small dogs only?
- Why is natural turf not an option?
- What kind of synthetic turf are you using and how will it be kept clean?
- How many waste receptacles will there be and where will they be located?
- How many drinking fountains will there be and where will they be located?
- I’m interested in joining/starting a Friends of the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area group. Where do I begin?