- EXPLORE OUR PARKS
- Park Improvements
- Completed Park Projects
- Golden Gate Park - Completed Park Improvements
- Golden Gate Park - Dog Training Area Renovation
Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area - Renovation Project
Completed and open to the public February 16, 2021!
Recreation and Parks has received a generous $2 million grant from the California Natural Resources Agency to renovate the Dog Training Area at Golden Gate Park near the Bison Paddock.
The renovation includes accessibility improvements to the parking lot and pathways, replacement of the surface materials and fencing, new site furnishings, landscaping, and bioretention areas. The renovated Dog Training Area will be partitioned into a larger area surrounded by a five-foot high fence and smaller area surrounded by a four-foot-high fence.
GGP Dog Training Area December UpdateThe historic Dog Training Area is very close to completion, however project opening has been delayed until late January. We have had some December delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic... Read on...
Construction wrapping up at the GGP Dog Training Area!We are in the final phases of construction at the historic Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area . . . Read on...
GGP Dog Training Area: Construction Underway!Construction is underway at the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area! Read on...
Construction at the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area Starting Soon!I hope you are well and finding opportunities to connect with nature and virtually connect with community during this time of sheltering in place. Read on...
GGP DOG TRAINING AREA – TREE WORK COMPLETETree maintenance and removals are now complete at the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area Read on...
GGP DOG TRAINING AREA – TEMPORARY CLOSURE WEEK OF 10/28Please be advised that the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area will be fully closed from Monday, October 28 through Wednesday, October 30 for tree pruning and removals Read on...
GGP DOG TRAINING AREA PROJECT UPDATEThe design team is putting the finishing touches on the construction drawings for the renovation of the Dog Training Area Read on...
- What is the construction schedule and how long will the Dog Training Area be closed during construction?
- Why is lighting not included in the design?
- Is the small play area for small dogs only?
- Why is natural turf not an option?
- What kind of synthetic turf are you using and how will it be kept clean?
- How many waste receptacles will there be and where will they be located?
- How many drinking fountains will there be and where will they be located?
- I’m interested in joining/starting a Friends of the Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area group. Where do I begin?