India Basin Shoreline Park
In 2014, the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department acquired 900 Innes at India Basin in San Francisco’s Bay View Hunters Point (BVHP) neighborhood. With scenic views, waterfront access, and natural resources, the site is the Department’s only San Francisco Bay-front property.
At India Basin, the Department, in partnership with the BVHP community, the Trust for Public Land, and the San Francisco Parks Alliance, endeavor to build a park that is both spectacular and crucial to the health of San Francisco’s southeast communities, which have been historically underserved. The development of 900 Innes will transform a post-industrial brownfield into the 21st-century legacy park in a historic waterfront context, with an emphasis on:
- Habitat and wetland restoration and enhancement
- Public access
- Resiliency to sea level rise
- Social equity
- Waterfront recreation
The proposed plan combines the existing India Basin Shoreline Park area and 900 Innes property into one grand 10-acre waterfront park development that closes a critical gap in the San Francisco Bay Trail. The property is also the mid-point of the one and a half-mile-long India Basin shoreline, which is comprised of seven properties totaling 64 acres, six of seven of which are in some stage of development.
As such, there is a unique opportunity to design these properties so that the India Basin shoreline becomes a seamless waterfront park experience on a grand scale. It will be integrated parks, trails and open space systems with a comprehensive set of programs and amenities, trails that connect gracefully, one signage system, and furniture and fixtures that complement each other.
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.
Amid a neighborhood celebration, city officials today unveiled a new mural celebrating the Bayview-Hunters Point community on a historic building that will become an integral part Read on...
Environmental Protection Agency Brownfield Clean-up Grant Application
- 3 Abca Parcel 3A Shipwrights Cottage (PDF)
- 900 Innes ABCA Weston 2013 (PDF)
- 900 Innes Parcel 3 A (Shipwrights Cottage) (PDF)
- 900 Innes Parcel 3A Shipwrights Cottage Draft 12-1-2016 (PDF)
- 900 Innes Parcel 3B (PDF)
- 900 Innes Parcel 3B Draft 12-01-2016 (PDF)
- Analysis of Brownfield Cleanup Alternatives Report (PDF)
- Community Meeting Notice - Public Comments Needed 12-02-2014 (PDF)
- Draft Abca 900 Innes Avenue Site Final Report (PDF)
- Grant Application for Parcel Number 1 (PDF)
- Grant Application for Parcel Number 2 (PDF)
- Grant Application for Parcel Number 3 (PDF)
- IB Environmental Park Agency Brownfield Grant Presentation (PDF)
- India Basin Transportation and Open Space Planning Meeting Notice 02-19-2015 (PDF)