Youth Activities in Parks During School Hours
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department encourages outdoor-based learning and play. We offer a number of permits to make our parks accessible to and meet the diverse needs of different programs. If you represent a program looking for park space during school hours, please follow the links below.
School Supplemental Space for Programming
- If you are a school with existing space to run regular programming but would like park space for a one-off event (field day, graduation, class picnic, etc.), please click here to apply and choose the program application for the correct season/date range: https://sfrecpark.org//502/Advanced-Reservations
- If you are a school with existing space to run regular programming but would like park space for supplemental regular programming (physical education, outdoor classroom, etc.), please click here to apply: https://fs12.formsite.com/sfrpsurvey/schoolregsupp/index.html
- Please apply by May 15 for the following Fall
- Please apply by October 15 for the following Spring
Childcare Needing Space for Licensing
- If you are a preschool with space to run indoor programming but need permission to access outdoor space to fulfill California State Licensing requirements, please click here to apply: https://fs18.formsite.com/sfrpsurvey2/ChildCarePlygrdRequest/index.html
- Please apply by Oct 15 for the following calendar year
- San Francisco Recreation & Park Department Child Care Permit Information
- If you are a school or program that operates your programs primarily in parks (commonly known as forest schools), please click here to apply: https://fs12.formsite.com/sfrpsurvey/forestschools/index.html
- Please apply at least 60 days in advance.
Short Duration Programs for Young Children in Parks
- If you are running a program that offers youth athletic instruction or are a music group that meets one or two times a week for a short duration (2 hours or less), please click here to apply and choose the program application for the correct season/date range: https://sfrecpark.org//502/Advanced-Reservations