Larsen Playground re-opened to the public November 21st, 2015!
For years Larsen Park was known as "the airplane park" in reference to the decommissioned jet planes that served as play structures there from 1959 through 1993. The playground planes were highly visible to traffic along 19th Avenue, making the park a well-known landmark for the neighborhood. A heavily used play site for children for over thirty years, calls for replacing the jet in Larsen Park began almost with its removal in 1993. The playground that replaced the plane never received the attention or engagement of the neighborhood.
The $1 million project featured a preschool play structure, disk swing and spinners, and the star attraction is a sculpted replica of the old F-8 Crusader jet that delighted neighborhood kids for many years.